I am Jakob Wierzba, but you can call me Kuba.
I make websites and applications.
I also make art, photographs, comedy and radio.
If you think that’s an interesting combination of interests, and you need a website, a programmer for your art project, a speaker or workshop instructor, say hi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection; topmost = most recent.
|Orte, die man kennen sollte||art project|
|sooderso ⇄ sowieso||photo class||★||2|
|Muthesius Immobilien||real estate|
|Laden Fuer Nichts||art gallery||0|
|Kannst du es sehen?||photo project|
|showcase material! =||★|
|code & design by me, except:|
|code only =||0|
|CI by Hans Schumacher =||1|
|CI by Jenny Fitz =||2|
I have worked with: Miss Kittin (DJ), Zeit Paris Berlin (fashion), Klasse für Type-Design HGB Leipzig, Postindustriale/pi.lab Leipzig (art science/history collective), Our Food Stories (food blog), Anna Haifisch (comics).
avldata + auslight
An online resource presentation and scheduling/booking tool I developed for the Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig. Manages 600 students vs. 600 pieces of equipment. We took a human wiggle room approach: communication over enforcement of strict rules.
- XSD-based visual editor for the XML representation of equipment specs and tags
- rich BackboneJS frontend, slim Database/PHP/XSL RESTful backend
- users from LDAP or Basic Auth, office hours from Horde via ICS
- generates printable receipts
Features coming in 2016: e-mail notifications, better mobile experience, improved user management.
Adaptable for other resources or tasks, please get in touch!
CMS for image-heavy websites. All of the photo-related websites above run on this system or a predecessor.
Through an online file manager you put your high-res images, photographs or videos into a regular folder structure, which is reflected into a collection of HTML, properly converted image files and other assets, which are then uploaded to your own, independent webspace.
- Lower overhead since you have to keep your original files somewhere anyway. All of your web content is in one place!
- syncable to a local folder: keep a backup, manage your web site locally with your favorite tools
- text content via simple markup
- handles profiled images, optionally updates EXIF data selectively
- convention over configuration, e.g. sorting through a file name prefix or small text file
Simple CMS for text-heavy one-page websites.
This very page runs on it, as well as the professor/scientist websites above :)
- Online markup editor with highlighted code and a live preview side-by-side.
- Add files or images via drag-and-drop, select-and-click.
- Automatic navigation/TOC generation from structure/headings.
CV & Skills
- 1985 Born in Zgorzelec, Poland
- 1990s first PC and programs
- professional web dev since 2001
- 2004 some computer science & philosophy at Uni Stuttgart
- 2007 Neue Schule für Fotografie, Berlin
- 2010 Academy of Fine (née Visual) Arts Leipzig → 2015 Diploma
I speak English, German, Polish and some French.
I use jQuery and Backbone.js but try to limit the dependency on frameworks.
I’ve been around since IE4 vs. NS4 and can make my stuff run on IE6 or an old iPhone when necessary.
I love the command line, Linux, vim, ffmpeg, imagemagick, sox, gimp, inkscape, povray and scribus – and all combinations thereof. I’m good at Photoshop and ok at Indesign. I can edit video and I’m learning Blender.
This website collects anonymized statistical data of your visit on a server in Germany, but it does not track you. No cookie for you.