I am Jakob Wierzba, but you can call me Kuba.
I make websites, applications and machines.
I also make art, photographs, comedy and radio, and I blog about science fiction and co-host two podcasts.
If you think that’s an interesting combination of interests, and you need a website, a programmer for your art project, a speaker or workshop instructor, say hi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection; topmost = most recent.
|Winfried Muthesius||artist||design by Sven|
|Orte, die man kennen sollte||art project|
|★||sooderso ⇄ sowieso||photo class||CI by Jenny|
|Vorschau||photo class||CI by Hans|
|★||203||photo class||CI by Jenny|
|alongside||photo class||CI by Hans|
|Muthesius Immobilien||real estate|
|Laden Fuer Nichts||art gallery||code only|
|Kannst du es sehen?||photo project|
Code & design by me unless otherwise stated.
I have worked with: Miss Kittin (DJ), Zeit Paris Berlin (fashion), Klasse für Type-Design HGB Leipzig, Postindustriale/pi.lab Leipzig (art science/history collective), Our Food Stories (food blog), Anna Haifisch (comics).
avldata + auslight
An online resource presentation and scheduling/booking tool I developed for the Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig. Manages 600 students vs. 600 pieces of equipment. We took a human wiggle room approach: communication over enforcement of strict rules.
- XSD-based visual editor for the XML representation of equipment specs and tags
- rich BackboneJS frontend, slim Database/PHP/XSL RESTful backend
- users from LDAP or Basic Auth, office hours from Horde via ICS
- generates printable receipts
Features coming in 2016: e-mail notifications, better mobile experience, improved user management.
Adaptable for other resources or tasks, please get in touch!
CMS for image-heavy websites. All of the photo-related websites above run on this system or a predecessor.
Through an online file manager you put your high-res images, photographs or videos into a regular folder structure, which is reflected into a collection of HTML, properly converted image files and other assets, which are then uploaded to your own, independent webspace.
- Lower overhead since you have to keep your original files somewhere anyway. All of your web content is in one place!
- syncable to a local folder: keep a backup, manage your web site locally with your favorite tools
- text content via simple markup
- handles profiled images, optionally updates EXIF data selectively
- convention over configuration, e.g. sorting through a file name prefix or small text file
Simple CMS for text-heavy one-page websites.
This very page runs on it, as well as the professor/scientist websites above :)
- Online markup editor with highlighted code and a live preview side-by-side.
- Add files or images via drag-and-drop, select-and-click.
- Automatic navigation/TOC generation from structure/headings.
CV & Skills
- 1985 Born in Zgorzelec, Poland
- 1990s first PC and programs
- professional web dev since 2001
- 2004 some computer science & philosophy at Uni Stuttgart
- 2007 Neue Schule für Fotografie, Berlin
- 2010 Academy of Fine (née Visual) Arts Leipzig → 2015 Diploma
- 2016 Frontend Developer at Agentur Kappa
- now self-employed
I speak English, German, Polish and some French.
I’m pretty good with WordPress and theme development.
I love the command line, Linux, vim, ffmpeg, imagemagick, sox, gimp, inkscape, povray and scribus – and all combinations thereof. I’m good at Photoshop and ok at Indesign. I can edit video, use Blender and make stuff in Processing. I can program and solder an Arduino or two. Please check out my art and blog for examples.
This website does not collect personal data.
I use the common server logs for debugging. Your IP address is anonymized.